Mickey Z. -- World News Trust
Dec. 28, 2017
2017 is over. And what a year of rebellion it was! You can rest assured that the Trump-Pence regime knows we mean business! Our fists and our voices have been raised! Our demands have been heard! Revolution is near! Let’s ramp things up even more next year! Here’s how:
10 steps to be a better activist in 2018
1. When you go to protests, don’t bother making or bringing a sign. The wise and experienced organizers will have readymade signs for you. Clearly, they know best how to express what you’re thinking and feeling.
2. Use social media to raise awareness and inspire action from the comfort of your futon.
3. Be sure to use #woke hashtags on the endless selfies you’ll take while being an activist. Pics or it didn’t happen! Some popular choices include:
4. No matter how many times it fails, never question an activist tactic unless you can immediately suggest a fully detailed and annotated alternative tactic to replace it. Only then will it stand a chance of being co-opted by a white male leader and subsequently approved and neutered.
5. Perhaps you’re wondering why some activists wear a bandanna across their faces in some protest photos. This is because they know how notorious and threatening they’ve become. It’s best to disguise themselves rather than risk identification and perhaps even apprehension. The movement needs them. It needs you, too. Invest in #badass bandannas (ethically sourced, of course, for #purity). Plus, your selfies will look extra epic!
6. Many have asked: What do I do when a male leader or comrade is accused of any kind of sexual assault on a woman or girl? Simple: Recognize that no man dedicated to peace, justice, and solidarity would or could ever do such a thing. How is that even possible? If male leader is accused, obviously, your movement has been infiltrated by provocateurs. You must immediately malign and expel the accusers -- along with everyone who defends them. You must learn to recognize a false flag when you see one. Wake up, #sheeple!
7. If more than three people show up at an activist event, you are required to use the “people’s mic.”
8. If more than 10 people show up at an activist event, it is now officially a “movement.”
9. Unquestioningly trust your activist elders. There are groups that have been around for a long time. Obviously, this is because they know what works. How else would such groups survive so long and continue to lure in the next generation of revolutionary newbies? Think about it. Here are a few of the movements for whom their results speaks for itself: March Against Monsanto, Occupy Wall Street, RevCom.us, International ANSWER, Not in Our Name, Black Lives Matter, CODEPINK, Occupy the Pipeline, International Socialist Organization, World Can’t Wait, The People’s Puppets of Occupy Wall Street, and Deep Green Resistance.
10. If anyone challenges the efficacy of your #hardcore efforts, try these handy retorts before deleting and blocking such enemies of justice:
#RiseUp in 2018, comrades!
Mickey Z. is the founder of Helping Homeless Women - NYC, offering direct relief to women on the streets of New York City. To help him grow this project, CLICK HERE and make a donation right now. And please spread the word!
10 steps to be a better activist in 2018 by Mickey Z. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at http://worldnewstrust.com/10-steps-to-be-a-better-activist-in-2018-mickey-z.